The Council of Ministers adopted amendments to the VAT Act – “Slim VAT 2” package.
Let us remind that the changes include:
- elimination of the need to correct input tax in the absence of an invoice in the case of import of services;
- extension of the time to take advantage of bad debt relief from 2 to 3 years;
- easier choice of taxation options in real estate transactions;
- regulation of the method of performing in-minus corrections in the case of importing services and intra-Community acquisition of goods;
- the possibility of transferring funds between the taxpayer’s VAT accounts kept at different banks.
Most of the changes would enter into force on October 1st, 2021.
Currently, the project will go to the Sejm.