Today, the Ministry of Finance published the proposed amendments to the act on tax on goods and services – the so-called “SLIM VAT 3” package.
This is another edition of the Ministry’s action, aimed at preparing packages of changes that make it easier for entrepreneurs to settle VAT. Thanks to them, Polish VAT is to be simple, adapted to Polish realities, and also modern.
The most important changes to the package this time include:
- resignation from the requirement to have an invoice for intra-Community acquisition of goods when deducting input tax on this account;
- the possibility of resigning from the obligation to issue an advance invoice separately if the taxpayer receives all or part of the advance payment in the same accounting period in which the tax obligation arose;
- ICS – application of the 0% rate after receipt of the documentation by means of adjusting the tax obligation period;
- increasing the amount allowing for the recognition that the proportion determined by the taxpayer is 100%, if the proportion exceeded 98%, from the current PLN 500 to PLN 10,000. The solution could be applied as early as 2022;
- introducing new rules for converting currency exchange rates in the case of issuing corrective invoices – main assumptions: “historical” rate to decreasing rates, rate from the last business day preceding the event for increase;
- increasing the sales value limit entitling to the status of a small taxpayer – from EUR 1,200,000 to EUR 2,000,000;
- extension of the catalog of benefits that can be settled in the split payment mechanism, among others on the retail sales tax or the “sugar” fee;
- the possibility of waiving the imposition of “VAT sanctions” in certain situations, in particular with “due diligence” of the taxpayer;
- lowering the preferential rates under the “VAT sanction” to 5% / 10%;
- resignation from the obligation to print documents through online / virtual cash registers;
- consolidation of the issuing of binding information by appointing the director of the National Tax Information Office to issue binding information documents (Pol.: WIS, WIP and WIA) and harmonization of the tax system in the area of issuing WIS and WIA;
- the option to resign from making a correction, if the difference does not exceed 2 percentage points and the non-deductible input tax would not exceed PLN 10,000 (the difference between the initial proportion of the input tax to be deducted and the final proportion);
- failure to apply the provisions on the determination of movable delivery to the so-called recognized supplier and other simplifications for the OSS mechanism.
Comments can be submitted until February 14th, 2022. After analyzing them, the Ministry will prepare a draft of the amending act.